Dec 10, 2010
Lawrence & Leigh Newsletter- Dec. 8th, 2010
Yes! We’re alive!
Hello again! It has been awhile, you’re right. We didn’t mean to make you feel neglected, or- heaven forbid, unimportant! AU CONTRAIRE, you are very important to us- we’ve just been a bit busy getting things ready for you’re listening pleasure.
Yes, that’s right- that “alleged” EP we’ve been working on is finished and ready to kick some booty! But more on that later…
Let us give you a brief overview on what we’ve been up to!
· We took our sweet, innocent puppet, Harold, to Burning Man to finish up the third, and final section of our stop-motion animation video. Conditions were tough- but after many dust storms and party buses later, we finally completed our project
· Also at Burning Man, we got the opportunity to perform at a few venues including; The Avant Yard, DOTA, and of course sporadic performances on the playa.
· We finished up our time in California, made a few more recordings for the album at Andrew’s childhood home in Petaluma, and flew back to New York!
· We hit the ground running this month with gigs and CMJ right around the corner! We started off with a welcome home gig at Bar East, where we saw a lot of familiar faces come out to show there support- thanks everyone who attended!
· We started work, collaborating with our awesome buddy, Nate Maggio. He’s been hard at work with everything from web design; to helping us put together our album and T-shirt design. He’s been a LIFESAVER! Thanks Nate.
· This month we earned a slot at CMJ in a showcase with Everything Independent. We had a great show at Spike Hill and opened for fellow EI artists “The Life and Times of…” and the “Traveling Band” (www.thetravellingband.com)
· Edit #1 of our music video for “Chelsea Nights” is complete! A couple of tweeks and it’ll be good to go! Thanks Justin! (http://vimeo.com/justinlange)
· Where did November go!? Of course there were the holidays (Thanksgiving, Kristin’s Birthday) but other than that, we pretty much stayed inside for the entire month
· The final video edit of “Chelsea Nights” was completed and is ready to launch!
· Had some great shows upstate at “Taste Buds” in Red Hook and “/root” in New Paltz, as well as an appearance at “Paper Swan”.
· And finally- we finished the album!!! Woooo!!!
· Yes, “Odyssey Vol: III Hills and Masts” has officially come to life! We are very proud of this album and can’t wait to share it with you! We’ll be having 2 advanced release parties, where you can see us and our friends play, as well as get your hands on a copy and catch a glimpse of some of our up coming projects. Dates listed below
· We also completed our first East Coast tour! Woo! Hopefully we caught you at one of our shows this past week, and if so- thanks for coming out and taking interest! We hit; Philly (Lickety Split), D.C (Potter’s House), Richmond (Caffespresso), Pittsburgh (Shadow Lounge), and Frederick, MD (Café Nola). Thanks to everyone who ran the Venues- you were all sweethearts and such a pleasure to play for. Also a special thanks to our couch surfing friends and drivers/car lenders- you rock!
· We have two more shows booked before departing to the West Coast; Paper Swan (for our record release) and Spike Hill, Weds.the15th @ 9pm. CHECK IT!! (http://www.spikehill.com)
· We’ll be leaving for the West Coast on the 16th to spend the holidays with family. See you next year NEW YORK!
Saturday, Dec. 11th: advanced record release party! Where: Paper Swan (360 Moore st. Brooklyn, NY) @ 9pm
Wednesday, Dec. 15th: Show at Spike Hill (184 & 186 Bedford Ave, Brooklyn NY)
TBA January: West Coast advanced release record party! Where and when TBD
STAYED TUNED FOR THE OFFICAL RELEASE OF OUR MUSIC VIDEO; “CHELSEA NIGHTS”
“ODYSSEY Vol: III HILLS AND MASTS” OFFICAL NATIONAL RELEASE; MARCH 7TH, 2011! BUILD THE BUZZ WITH US AND GET AN ADVANCED COPY NOW!
FREE DOWNLOAD OF THE SONG “CHELSEA NIGHTS” AT http://blog.greenlightgopublicity.com/2010/12/lawrence-leigh-release-odyssey-volume.html
We hope you have a snuggly rest of your December and we’ll talk to you next year!
L & L